Wednesday, June 2, 2010

LFB2B Premiere Group Break - 2010 Allen & Ginter

A few posts back I had made a passing mention that my Local Card Store will be closing its doors for good soon. This leaves me with one supplier in town who I refuse to deal with simply because he is quite the douche-bag. The next closest stores are 45 minutes to the south of me and one relatively "close" only because it is in the same city where I work, but still 40 minutes away.

One of the things I have been doing for the past while is trying to find a new place to purchase boxes of cards without paying ridiculous prices forced upon store owners by their suppliers. I think I have succeeded in securing a place. After sharing several conversations back and forth with a great guy named Joey, I have also decided to try and work with this new outlet and make them the "official" supplier of cards to LFB2B.

I am extremely happy to welcome 'Canadian Card World' to LFB2B and hopefully introduce a few of you to them. I have been spending a great deal of time at their website reading articles and posts from other collectors. I check out their blog two or three times a week and I have also been following their Twitter feed. You will also notice that I added a banner to their website on the right side of my blog page.

I want to try and take my blog to the next level and offer baseball card collectors, hopefully attracting Canadian collectors, a place where they can meet each other and continue to build a solid network like the ones I have seen amongst our American friends. As part of this next step I want to begin offering Group Breaks. If I am like everyone else out there, I thoroughly enjoy Group Breaks but I also never seem to get in on enough of them.

I figure what could one more hurt, right?

Quite a while ago a few of the Bloggers that currently host Group Breaks were kind enough to share their experiences with me and offer their advice and warnings. Their words of encouragement meant the most and helped me make the decision to pursue this offering.

With the heavy anticipation of the 2010 Allen & Ginter release on the horizon I figured, "What a great way to kick off offering Group Breaks?!" I also though I needed to kick this off with a BIG event, so, the first Group Break at LFB2B will be a case break of 2010 Allen & Ginter.


12 boxes of retro-themed baseball card goodness


The Group Break slots will be team-based. I have figured out the costs and the slots will be 45$ each with additional slots costing 40$ in Canadian funds. I am fine-tuning the distribution of the non-sport cards in the set and will post the complete breakdown of everything this weekend, along with a post allowing you to claim teams.

I am looking forward with excitement about being able to offer another avenue for people to get a hold of cards from their favorite players and favorite teams. If you have any suggestions that you would like to offer I am open to them. I look forward to everyone being a part of this and I look forward to this being the beginning of something truly great.

Cheers,

3 comments:

  1. 12 boxes of cards of one team... that's a whole mess o' cards.

    I wish you well sorting all of those.

    I hope you're in good with some of the neighbourhood kids... cheap labour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't think of any better way to put my OCD to good use!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving Allen & Ginter previews this season... I might need a spot in this break.

    ReplyDelete