Saturday, August 22, 2009

Mail Day (aka Cleveland Rocks!!)

While working on the long overdue post about some generous mailers yesterday my wife came into the office with another packed envelope courtesy of Canada Post. When I finally got around to opening it this morning I was extremely excited.

A while ago I had been in contact with BaseballDad who is the proprietor of the blog 'All Tribe Baseball'. In one of our email exchanges he told me he would be sending a pile of the 2009 Topps Baseball needs I had listed on my want lists along with some 2002 Topps, if he could locate those. He had also mentioned that there would be some extra goodies to go along with the cards. Having done my due diligence (and some extensive reading of his blog) I had a sense of what the "extra" might be. When I opened the envelope I was pleased to see I was fortunate enough to be right.

I got this ;


I am currently on my third consecutive playing of track 8. I also will have to go through my old time radio archives but this CD may contain a variation of "Who's on first?" that I do not have. I definitely did not recognize it right away.

As luck would have it BaseballDad was able to find me some of the 2002 Topps "mustard" set that I needed and sent them along.




I can remember the time in Blue Jays history when Cruz Jr. had the expectations and potential to rival another Junior. Funny how things change, eh?
Along with these cards BaseballDad got me twelve cards closer to completion of my 2009 Topps Baseball set. I never get tired of looking at the photography on these cards, especially when I notice something I had not before.

This card of David Wright seemed familiar somehow,


Then after some thinking it hit me.....of course,photo recycling brought to you by Topps.


Some of the other nicer cards sent to me included these additions to my personal subset collection. Awesome bunting goodness,


and, like I said before I like to pour over these cards and sometimes discover something I never noticed before. This card got me to thinking about the guy on the cel phone. Forever immortalized on cardboard is his dedication to watching baseball in obviously chilly weather but his complete boredom with the game that he needed to talk to someone other than those he came to the game with. Priceless.


Thanks again to All Tribe Baseball for the cards and especially the CD. I am working on something special coming back your way in the next few weeks. By the way, I am now trying to find a way to cleanse the disturbing experience of Mel Allen rapping...lol....LOVE IT!!

Cheers,

1 comment:

  1. I can play that over and over ! Glad you like it and the cards.

    ReplyDelete