Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Mail Day (aka Patches and Swatches are Sew Sweet)

Back in mid-February Larry from 'Sewingmachineguy on Cards' took pity on a post I had made about trying to find a Starlin Castro 'Red Hot Rookie' from 2010 Topps. Now, Larry apologized that he could not hook me up with the RHR but he did have a Starlin Castro card that I was interested in. As well, he had another Cubs relic from '09 Goodwin Champions that he would be willing to send my way to help ease the sting. I did my best to find some worthy Detroit based cards that would seal the deal.

Today the cards from Larry arrived and the Castro card is even more impressive in person. When manu-patches are done like this I have no problem with them at all.

The Derrek Lee gets me one card closer to the Cubs relic set from '09 Goodwin. So yes, it is a Good win for me!!


Thank-you to Sewingmachineguy for the trade and for helping my Cubs collection grow.

Stop by his blog and spend some time. Check out his Want Lists and he will more than likely have something you want. As for my quest for a Starlin Castro RHR, it continues...........

Cheers,

1 comment: