Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Mail Day (aka eBay Scribblers)

As you may or may not be aware, one of the tasks I have assigned to myself is to gather all 30 mini-framed autographs from the 2009 Topps T-206 100th Anniversary set. I am trying to limit myself to strictly doing this via trade as buying what I need seems to kind of defeat the purpose of the quest.

However.

When an opportunity to gather a mitt full of what I need for a relatively decent price presents itself, I would be a fool not to jump on it. Hence the reason for this post. I managed to add 7 more of the desired cards to the collection, which is now sitting at a satisfactory count of 10 right now.

Today the mailman delivered Josh Outman (OAK), Ryan Perry (DET), Luke Montz (WAS), Kila Ka'aihue (KC), James Parr (ATL), Scott Elbert (LAD) and Clayton Kershaw (LAD)


Now, Parr and Elbert are doubles which helps with potential trades, but it still made for a great deal even with the two doubles. Also included in the envelope, which was never mentioned as part of the auction as far as I know, was a serial numbered 'Cycle' back mini of C.C. Sabathia numbered 44/99.


C.C. is available for trade as well if anyone is interested. Just drop me a line.

When I first thought about trying for this set I balked at it a few times. Now having more of these cards in my possession and seeing them in hand I am glad I chose to attempt it. It is definitely enjoyable chasing down singles and negotiating trades. If you can help me out I would be glad to hear from you.


P.S. - Kudos to the eBay seller for Fort Knox-ing these puppies for shipping!!!


Cheers,

1 comment:

  1. Hey man I have a Justin Masterson Auto from this set I'd gladly trade if you need it.. let me know.

    ReplyDelete