Saturday, July 3, 2010

R.I.P. My LCS

As of today my LCS has closed its doors for good.


I managed to make it in for one last browse through his collection of singles and to say farewell to a store that has seen a handful of owners and two different locations.

I started collecting seriously back in 1988, took a break in 1997 and returned to the hobby in 2008. This has been the only store I frequented in my hometown. I will never shop at the only option left.

Thank-you very much Jim, who started the store and thank-you very much Glynn for your incredible and undeserved over-the-top kindness for the last, almost, two years. As a fitting exit I cleaned him out of his remaining four packs of Topps Series 2 Baseball.

Not sure I want to rip them......call me a sentimentalist.


P.S. - Thanks for the sweet deal on the Sandman #1 issue. Lord knows I spent enough time staring at it every time I came in.


Cheers,

1 comment:

  1. It's never good to hear about one of these places closing up. I just had one of the two near me close up a few weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete