Thursday, February 18, 2010

Inaugural Million Card Trade

It was only a matter of time before I started playing around with the other aspects of Topps' new web-based-time-vacuum otherwise know as ToppsMillion.com. I am currently forcing myself to stay away from the card shop or risk going a bit overboard chasing codes. So, in order to feed the need I am checking out the rest of the site. One of my stops was the.......


....link on the homepage. Currently there were only three eligible trades I could make, all involving my 1987 Robin Yount card. I decided to go for quantity and accept the trade that gave me two cards for Mr. HOF'er.

The first card was strictly because it was added to the deal and nothing more. Joining Team LFB2B is Omar Vizquel circa 1990.
This card is what drew me to the trade and made me decide Robin's future. A 2005 Topps Future Stars featuring Craig 'FREAKIN' Brazell!!!!!! And, the other guy pictured is apparently pretty good too.

As far as this aspect of the website goes, I wasted alot of fun time last year putting together two full Topps Town sets and enjoyed every second of it. Right now the excitement for collectors is the thrill of what they will get when a code is redeemed. Hopefully, as the the spring fades and the summer rolls on the excitement of the Topps Million Card Giveaway can sustain itself with the pursuit of collectors to turn the cards they don't want into the cards that they do want. I for one will be front and centre trying to do just that.

In fact, I have two trades currently posted and awaiting some nibbles. If you are the proud owner of either a 1971 Cubs Team Card or a 1971 Cesar Geronimo and cannot wait to get your hands on a 1974 Sonny Siebert or a 1975 J.R. Richard then look for my offer and make us both happy collectors.



Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment