Monday, March 30, 2009

Mail Day, sort of....and a spring cleaning find

Nothing beats coming home on a Monday and finding an envelope with your name on it sitting on the table just begging to be opened. Usually the familiar colour of a manila envelope is what can be expected but occasionally there is the extra special surprise of a courier envelope. Today was such the case and actually even a bit of a bigger surprise because I had forgotten about its pending arrival.

Thanks to this entry from Mark's Ephemera I contacted Legacy Sports Rarities and requested a catalog of my own. What a beautiful collection and presentation of some cardboard gems. It truly is a magnificent collection.

Secondly, while rummaging around the basement and through the garage this passed weekend I came across a book I bought while on vacation several years ago. While never a true fan of the team, I have always been fascinated by their mystique and presence as a cornerstone of the pastime.


The book is set out in a diary format with entries starting March 1st and ending October 18th. I think I'll read it the way it was laid out, spanning an entire season. It should be fun and periodically I'll share some of the entries here.

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment